Previously we already know what HRIS and company profits if using HRIS. Now, let's know how HRIS is able to energize the company to change.
A good HR department is critical to an employee-oriented, productive workplace in which employees are energized and engaged. Here are the reasons why:
- HR monitors the culture.
- HR owns the overall talent management processes. In conjunction with other managers, HR leads the way in management development, performance management, succession planning, career paths, and other aspects of talent management.
- HR is responsible for the over-all recruiting of a superior workforce.
- HR recommends market-based salaries and develops an overall strategic compensation plan.
- HR researches, recommends, and implements employee benefits programs that attract and retain your best employees.
- HR is responsible for recommending and instituting strategies for people and the organization that further the attainment of the organization's strategic goals.
- HR makes sure that workplace activities, events, celebrations, ceremonies, field trips, and team building opportunities are occurring.
- HR advocates for employees who have issues or conflict with management and coaches managers and executives who seek a more effective approach to working with particular employees.
If your organization is changing direction, developing new products, changing mission, vision, or goals, HR must lead the way with employee programs and processes.
Not everyone loves each other but they need to develop effective working relationships for contributions and productivity. HR can help by knowing the players and taking on the necessary role of advocate, coach and/or mediator.
So, HR is not just about daily operational tasks, let operational tasks be handled by HRIS and let him help HR to monitor and help the company move forward.
The importance of HR is easily overlooked in the busy day-to-day in the workplace, but without contributions in each of these areas, the organization would be less successful.